Making More Samples…

I am trying to finish up samples today.  I have fabric to paint and the afternoon looks like it will be warm enough.  This morning was cool as a cool front came in behind Ike’s wind and rain.  I showed this kimono block the other day, but now it is quilted and beaded with a few ceramic beads.  I didn’t want to make the whole wallhanging, but just  a couple of blocks to show off what the pattern looks like with my hand dyed fabrics.

This next one is made with just one fabric, a multicolored hand dye.  I used some heated Angelina film for the center decoration on the obi.

Another Sample…

I made another sample last night. I made this one to show one way to use Angelina film. It’s not terribly artsy, but I did put some creativity into it. Since I will also have Tsukineko’s Fabrico markers for sale, I used those on the sample too. Thanks to Gerrie Congdon’s advice I was able to photograph it without a lot of glare. (Thanks, Gerrie!) I think the Angelina film is interesting to work with. The background is gray hand dye cotton.

Now this morning I think I am going to get outside in this glorious weather and dye paint some more cloth!

The town-wide yard sales on Saturday netted me a very nice Scrabble game with a story for $1 and a Singer sewing machine for $1. (and it works too!) I was almost in heaven.