Warning: Use of undefined constant CHILD_THEME_VERSION - assumed 'CHILD_THEME_VERSION' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/katheri1/public_html/wp-content/themes/landscape/functions.php on line 73

Lesson Learned

I  made a glue screen a couple of days ago so that I could screen a resist design onto some white cloth.  The last glue screen I made has been used over and over again and the glue is taking FOREVER to break down and disappear.  With the screen I prepared recently I used a paintbrush to “paint” the design on it. I used it and washed the screenprinting ink off of it…and the glue design also came off, even though I was using cool water.  Hmmm?  Ok, the first screen I made I used the glue right out of the bottle tip, no brush, just draw right on the screen with the bottle.  The glue is much thicker this way and that’s the difference.  I’m sad because I wanted a wider line…guess I’ll have to use use soy wax with a brush to get that.

This is white screenprinting ink (with a little bit of leftover turquoise dye from the screen mixed in accidentally).  I am going to roll dye paint over it.  The white ink design will act as a resist, but won’t wash out.  It will show through the dye.

More Painted Cloth…

This piece was done by stamping soy wax onto white cotton with a potato masher and the lid of a film canister.  Then I brushed turquoise and black dye paint on it making sure to get in all the little cracks and crevices.  I think I am going to brush other colors over the white areas.

For this design, I tore strips of freezer paper and ironed them to the back side of a screen.  Again, I used turquoise and black paint.

This is a screened design made with soy wax.  I used yellow and fuchsia dye, and also picked up some turquoise paint from the table.  These three fabrics all go together now.  I will have to be careful what other colors I add to the first one!

This one is made with the same torn paper screen, except that after printing the design in one direction, I turned the screen and printed it in the other direction too.  Looks like I used yellow and black dyes, maybe some turquoise.  The next one was done the same way, except with more turquoise and some fuchsia paint.